Our mission is …
To explore the world through authentic experiences, empowering students to engage deeply and be ready for what is next.
Our vision is …
To be the innovative leader and ongoing advocate for experiential education in preschool through eighth grade.
Our core values …
- We believe experiential education (including project-based learning, place-based learning, and outdoor education) is the best method for learning.
- We believe that academic mastery is optimized by using a thoughtful balance of interdisciplinary experiences and individual disciplines of study.
- We believe that every voice matters and that collaborative participation throughout our school community makes us stronger.
- We believe our school is a place to build social-emotional and intellectual character.
- We believe taking risks in a safe environment is an essential component of lifelong learning.
- We believe reflection on an experience is as important as the experience itself.
- We believe in the richness and power of an inclusive, transparent, and diverse community.
- We believe it is our responsibility to live and work sustainably within our environmental and human community.
- We believe in serving our communities as caring citizens of the world.
How our mission comes to life
The College School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to all programs. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Andrew R. Gillentine
Chief Financial Officer and Director of Facilities