Please see below for current opportunities:
– Head of School
– Maintenance Staff (Second Shift)
– After School / Extended Day Staff
Head of School
The College School has partnered with Educators’ Collaborative to find it’s next Head of School, who will start their term in the 2019-2020 school year. We are currently in the recruitment and development phase for candidates. Please read our “Information for Candidates” dossier to learn more about the position, requisite qualifications, and how to apply.
More information about our search process please visit www.thecollegeschool.org/hos.
Maintenance Staff (Second Shift)
The Maintenance Staff supports the day-to-day operations of a small, independent school and is responsible for supporting all aspects of facility and grounds maintenance. The person in this position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and may perform other duties as assigned.
- Daily Classroom Cleaning
- Empty trash and recycle containers
- Wipe down all tables and desks; stack chairs
- Vacuum carpets and sweep tile floors and clean up any spills or dirt
- Daily General Cleaning
- Sweep steps and hallways to remove debris and wet mop as needed
- Clean walls as needed for scuff marks or other dirt
- Vacuum door mats throughout school
- Clean bathrooms and replace toilet paper and towels as needed.
- Sweep Theater and Gym
- Empty trash and recycle containers in offices and hallways
- Dusting and general cleaning of all surfaces throughout school
- Security & Events
- Unlocking and relocking doors during the school pickup periods, and before and after events; making sure windows and doors are locked and lights are turned off, etc.
- Set up tables and chairs as needed for events
- General sweeping and cleanup after events
- Light supervision of rentals and troubleshooting needs
- General awareness of buildings and grounds issues
- General painting of facility
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment & fixtures
- Assist with summer renovations and cleaning, waxing floors, etc.
Applicants should have:
- Energy, warmth and friendliness in interacting with students, families, and colleagues;
- Strong maintenance and cleaning skills;
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize when dealing with emergent needs;
- A collaborative spirit and strong team ethic;
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 10 to 50 pounds;
- A high school degree is required, as is experience in building maintenance and cleaning;
The Maintenance Staff role is a full-time, 35-40 hours per week, position. Normal daily hours during the school year: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Hourly wage: $16.00-$18.00 based on experience. Benefits are available, including Medical, Dental, Vision and 403(b) matching program. Interested candidates should submit their resume to Marc Langhauser, firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School/Extended Day Staff (Part-Time)
The College School is seeking responsible, caring and motivated staff members to assist with our After School Program (ASP). Hours are 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Additional hours will be available during holiday breaks and other days when school is not in session.
Extended-day staff offer a balanced variety of activities planned with care and attentiveness to the needs of students from preschool through middle school. We are seeking staff members that are creative, energetic, organized, professional, and willing to have fun.
– This position is ideal for adults or college students with the ability to commit to a full school year of service.
– Ability to assist students with homework.
– Ability to proactively provide for the safety of students.
– Ability to display a positive attitude and develop positive relationships with the children and with their parents.
SALARY: $10 – $12 per hour based on experience
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
– A detailed resume
– The names and contact information of at least two references
Please email all application materials to John McElwain, Auxiliary Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The College School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.