Please see below for current opportunities:
- Substitute Teachers
- Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Part-time
Start Date: August 19, 2020
The College School is seeking responsible, caring and motivated teachers to substitute teach during the 2020/2021 school year. Hours on any given day would be 8:00AM to 3:30PM, Monday through Friday.
The College School engages children, ages three to fourteen, in joyful, meaningful and creative learning through adventurous, theme-based, experiential curriculum. Our diverse community works as a partnership, cultivating excellence in learning, service and citizenship. Our students strive to be their best, and we expect the same excellence from the teachers who care for them.
– This position is ideal for retired teachers or individuals just starting their career in
education and who wish to experience an innovative program.
– Specific areas of interest include early childhood, math, science, music, and art.
– Ability to display a positive attitude and develop positive relationships with
SALARY: $90 per day
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE
– A detailed resume
– The names and contact information of at least two references
Please email all application materials to Joyce Vest, Administrative Assistant, at
The College School is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.thecollegeschool.org to learn more about our school and culture.
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time/12-Month
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
An independent, Early Childhood – 8th Grade school in Webster Groves, with a focus on interdisciplinary, experiential, and outdoor education, is seeking a highly skilled, experienced, and professional Assistant Maintenance Supervisor. We believe our maintenance staff is integral to the operations of both our building and
community. This position will help lead the maintenance team by demonstrating an understanding of the school’s mission and goals, and through their proactive approach to addressing maintenance needs and projects.
– Assist in cleaning during the school day
– Minor electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry, and grounds maintenance
– Help schedule and oversee third-party vendors conducting maintenance on-site
– Aid in setup and cleanup for all events
– Participate in ordering and purchasing necessary maintenance supplies, paper products, etc.
– Assist with deliveries throughout the building
– Respond to after-hours emergency calls
– Remain on-call for emergency repairs, maintenance issues, and alarm company contact
– Execute special building requests and maintenance projects
– Landscaping and lawn care work
– Operate, maintain and repair school equipment
– Possess basic computer skills
– Perform other duties as assigned
– Associate Degree is preferred
– 5+ years experience preferred
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Familiarity with spreadsheets and video conference platforms
– Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other faculty, staff, parents, and members of the community
Salary and Benefits:
$21.50-$23.50 per hour. A robust benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, tuition remission, vacation and sick time, and a retirement funding match of 5%.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
The College School is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.thecollegeschool.org to learn more about our school and culture, and for any specific positions that may be open.