NEW DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS ENTERING FOURTH-SEVENTH GRADES AT THE COLLEGE SCHOOL
Since The College School was established in 1963, we have built a community where all voices are valued and differences are celebrated.
Diversity comes in all forms and encompasses race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, and more. The intersectionality of these identities is what makes each of us unique.
To continue our work of building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, The College School has established a new Upper Division Diversity Scholarship, focusing specifically on racial diversity.
In racially diverse classrooms, students appreciate and consider different perspectives, making connections from their own lives to the lives of their peers. We know that racial diversity fosters awareness and empathy where our students learn to take on the world through advocacy, compassion, and global understanding.
Beginning in the 2021-2022 school year, the award for the scholarship includes up to 100% of fees and tuition costs for the students’ time at TCS.
- Students eligible for this scholarship must be (1) new to TCS for the 2021-2022 school year, (2) entering 4th-7th grades, and (3) in the following underrepresented groups: African American, Asian American, International, Latino/Hispanic, Middle Eastern American, Multiracial, Native American, and Pacific Islander American.
How to Apply
- Contact Admissions to set up a virtual visit or in-person tour.
- Complete an online Admissions Application by January 29, 2021. Please contact Admissions for a waiver code for the $75 application fee.
- As part of the Admissions and Scholarship processes, applicants will be asked to submit a short essay and do a brief interview with our Director of Equity & Inclusion.
- Families will be notified on March 12, 2021, regarding both Admissions and the Upper Division Diversity Scholarship Award.
For questions about this scholarship, please contact Director of Admissions, Jill Pampel, by email or by phone at 314.962.9355.