There are several ways that we communicate with our current parents. We believe it very important to keep parents, both current and potential, informed of things happening at school. For example, here are a few ways we communicate:
Importance of Word-of-Mouth
Recent research has shown that 95% of our current families have recommended The College School to a friend, neighbor or colleague. Current families’ recommendations are instrumental in bringing families and students to our school community. Interested families are welcome to contact our Director of Admissions and/or attend our fall Open House or Admissions Coffees to learn more about our program. Admissions packets are available in the Admissions Office; please feel welcome to distribute them to a friend, colleague or neighbor who wants to learn more about our school.
- The e-Collage - The e-Collage is the school's main newsletter. It is published monthly throughout the school year and contains curricular highlights, celebrations, and reflections. It is viewable only to current parents who have password protected accounts to our Parent Portal. Please be sure to advise the Administration Office if your e-mail address changes or if you’re not receiving the e-mail updates. To protect our students, a username and password is required to view the e-Collage. For families without Internet access, paper copies will be available upon request. For members of our school community, The e-Collage and archives of past issues are accessible via the Parent Portal.
- Newsletter - The College School publishes a more comprehensive newsletter two times per year, in the late summer and early winter. It is designed to keep all constituencies informed of school news and events. The newsletter is sent to parents, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, other schools, media contacts, prospective families who have inquired about The College School and other members of the greater St. Louis community. You can view the newsletter online via the website in pdf form.
- Annual Report - The school publishes an annual report every fall, which provides a financial overview of the latest fiscal year (June 1-May 31). Key features include messages from the President of the Board of Trustees and Head of School along with an acknowledgement of all donors and summary of fundraising activity for the school year. This year, the Annual Report will be published electronically only.
- Regular emails and communication from classroom teachers.
- Report Cards and Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- Website - Parents have access to not only the public domain but a ‘parent portal’ as well. The Parent Portal was designed to enhance our community’s internal communication. Within this site you have access to all aspects of school life.
- Facebook - A more temporal and quick access to the school can be found on the school's Facebook page.